Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter

Given Tampa's close proximity to Orlando, it was only natural that I would make the trip over to go to one of the theme parks. Well I would normally default to Walt Disney World, but this was the first time I had the opportunity to visit the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios. Since I had to drive back to Tampa to play the show at night, it worked out perfectly that I could spend the day in the Wizarding World, have dinner with cousin Cathy and Keith, and then make it back for the show. Of course since it was a day when I decided to go to an Orlando theme park, it threatened to rain all day. I am happy to say though that the rain held off until right when I was leaving to meet Cathy and Keith for dinner. In the end I think that worked in my favor because the park was not crowded, and I was able to ride the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey in the Hogwarts Castle 3 times!


As for the Wizarding World, I really enjoyed it. The Forbidden Journey ride is really fun. The Hogsmeade Village feels absolutely real, and all the shops are very tempting. My only real complaint is that if felt pretty small. One brand new ride and two re-themed rides do not amount to all that much. Hopefully the rumors of an expansion in the near future are true.
































Mmm butterbeer!



















Mmm frozen butterbeer!









No comments: