Friday, January 27, 2012

Walking To The Theatre In Gainesville

The person who coined the phrase, "All good things must come to an end" must have been on a bus and truck national tour. We enjoyed a stretch of weeklong engagements, but after Tampa it was back to split weeks. Our first stop was Gainesville, FL. Gainesville is the town we rehearsed The Wizard of Oz in, but I did not really have the chance to explore the town that much then. I was too busy practicing The Cyclone I guess!


Since it was beautiful Florida weather during our visit, I decided to get out and walk to the theatre one day taking a detour through downtown.


There is really not much to downtown. This theater, a few shops and restaurants, and that is about it. I am not sure that I expected better though.




There are gators everywhere in Gainesville. I guess going to a university whose mascot is the Hoosier caused me to miss out on a lot of kitschy mascot related stuff.


Old school Krispty Kreme. I had to have one. (Okay two!)



My stroll through the University of Florida campus was nice. The University is spread out over a large area, and some of the architecture is quite nice.











No comments: