Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Birmingham

The last stop before our Christmas break was Birmingham, Alabama. Now I had never played Birmingham, but I certainly heard many stories about Birmingham. The Wedding Singer opened here after previewing in Gainesville. Now sometimes when you play a city that you have heard so much about, your own experience ends up being better than what you had been told. Not so with Birmingham. It was just as uninteresting and had as few places to eat as I had been told.








The venue in Birmingham was a pretty typical modern concert hall. I might have appreciated it more if it wasn't half empty for each show.






It was nice to see a different variation on the typical wall art or posters back stage. This is probably the only venue that uses dry erase boards for the performers to sign.




The Wizard of Oz played Birmingham after I switched to Beauty and the Beast. Not to disappointed by that though.


No comments: