Monday, January 23, 2012

St. Petersburg For The Day

Having experienced much of what Tampa has to offer, I decided to take a trip over to St. Petersburg. The big attraction in St. Petersburg (aside from beaches) is the Salvador Dali Museum. After my disappointing trip to the Tampa Museum of Art, I was sure to go to the Dali Museum. They too just finished building a brand new building for the museum which is a rather fitting compliment to his artwork. I also walked out to the St. Petersburg Pier where there is a small...you guessed it, Aquarium!





This is the Progress Energy Center For The Arts right next to the Dali Museum. It too is pretty new. In fact there is an infamous story of the night when The Wedding Singer played here (before I joined) to an audience of around 30 people. I think it is now mostly a one night or split week tour stop!








Sadly The Dali Museum is a museum which prohibits photography of the actual artwork. Oh well the building is enough of a challenge to photograph interestingly.













No comments: