Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Two Weeks In West Palm Beach

So in preparing my entries for West Palm Beach, I looked through my pictures and discovered that I didn't take many. So my recollections will have to suffice!

To begin with we played a week in West Palm Beach and then had a one week layoff afterwards. Perfect! Since Uncle Glenn lives so close to West Palm, I stayed with him for the two weeks and saved on the hotel expense. Of course I ended up driving a big pickup truck, but it was a small price to pay to not have to pay for a hotel! Since this was my first time "living off campus" on tour, I was paranoid that I would be late to a performance, but thankfully I never was.

Anyone who has spent time with Glenn knows to expect the unexpected, but it turned out to be a fairly tame week. Mostly we stayed up late watching Family Guy and Futurama cartoons. We ran out to BJ's and Costco for a little warehouse club shopping. Considering the fact that I had a flight the next week, I limited myself to the essentials (batteries for my camera and allergy medicine). I also paid an end of tour visit to Pearle Vision to get some new glasses with my health fund money. In the end, it was a pretty relaxing week of being away from the tour folk, and spending time with Glenn and the animals.


Milo in a rare calm moment!



Missy contemplating whether she needs to climb into my flute bag or not!


No comments: