Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chicago Theatre Wall Tags

I was so excited when I walked through the stage door and saw all of the wall tags painted around the walls backstage. I tried to find the ones for all of the shows that I have seen at the Chicago Theatre. I found most of them:


Because of the schedule the crew was only able to do the stencil version of our tag instead of the full replica of the logo. I'm just excited to have my name on the wall.


It was hard to get a good picture of the Superstar tag because of the lighting backstage. The cool thing is that they modified the original when they came back the second time. I think I saw it both times.

Seeing The Pocahontas Summer Spectacular was one of the first things that I did with my nephews Stephen and Bryan. They were so young which means that I am so old!


I know that I saw Cats there. I assume it was this production.


It was hard to get a picture of the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor tag also, but this time it was also because the stage manager's hampers were sitting in front of it. I pulled them back a little so that I could get Donny Osmond's signature in my picture.



It looks like all the different children's choirs signed in the colors of the rainbow.


This is another two engagement tag. Again I think I saw both.



This one is my favorite. Starlight Express is the first show that I saw at the Chicago. This was also back in the day when I was really starting to become obsessed with musical theatre. It was so exciting to see Starlight Express, and as it turns out the tour did not last very long. The show was too expensive to tour so I'm really glad that I got to see it!

I one show that I could not find was Kiss of the Spiderwoman.

No comments: