Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Greetings from Charlotte

Okay so I am here in Charlotte. My checked baggage is not here, but at least I am here. I got a voicemail from the AirTran baggage service, but I was already at the theatre so I did not get a chance to call back. Needless to say I will call tomorrow. As much as I need my clothes, I need my clarinet even more. I will also be disputing the $50 upcharge I was forced to pay just so that my third checked bag could not arrive with the other two!

I watched the show tonight from the audience, and I sat in on the sound check. Here are a few thoughts:

Pros:
-I saw the show from 5th row center for free.
-The band is really tight, and sounds good.
-Everyone seems to be really nice. Well so far!
-I think that the show will be really fun to play.
-There was an opening night party at a club called "The Breakfast Club" tonight (appropriate ain't?!). So I have not played a single note yet I got free food and 4 free drinks! I can live with that!
-I start playing the show on Saturday afternoon. The guy that I am replacing is leaving that night. I will have three performances to observe from the pit.
-I do not have to drive!!!!!!

Cons:
-The part that I got in the mail does not exactly match the part that I will be playing. One of the numbers that I practiced the most is transposed down a half step! Curses!
-There is another aspect of the performance that I was unaware of. I will not spoil this for those who are coming to see the show. But this was certainly unexpected!

So hopefully my baggage will show up tomorrow. There is a TJ Max within walking distance, but I would rather not have to buy new clothes on my second day with the tour! Let alone a new clarinet!

1 comment:

T Cow said...

I can not believe you are not using this perfectly viable excuse to go cloths shopping!! Were is the Ryan we all know and love who can not pass by an Express for Men?? Seriously though, I hope your clarinet has made it to you unscathed. And bitch until you get your 50 bucks back.