Sunday, April 13, 2008

This Time I Had My Camera!



Last night was visit number two from Mom and Jamie. This time I remembered my camera's memory card. (I make a convincing guitar player right!?)

They drove all the way from Cedar Lake to Pittsburgh (almost 8 hours), and made it in time to have dinner before the show. Mom and Jamie discovered what I have known since joining the tour. Many downtown restaurants close early especially on the weekend. So we walked around a bit, and ended up at an Italian restaurant across from the theatre. It was good food if not terribly exciting.

I went to the theatre, and they walked down to the Pirates baseball stadium to kill time before the show. That performance was number 42 for me. It was a pretty good performance. At the end of the show we had a prearranged marriage proposal onstage. Thankfully we did not have a repeat of the boo boo in the afternoon performance. At one point the character of George plays a trumpet onstage except that yesterday afternoon there was no trumpet. J.J. did his best imitation of a trumpet, and was able to milk it for more applause than for his real trumpet playing.

After the show we went for dessert at another Italian place. We all very much enjoyed our dessert and got to witness some waiter crumb scraping action. It is always amusing to watch crumb scraping!

Then I brought them back to the hotel so that I could trade off my old luggage for some homemade Chex Mix. (My old luggage did not have wheels. Carrying 2 bags of 50 pounds of luggage each through the airport is not fun! I look forward to trying out my wheels tomorrow.)

They spent the night and left early in the morning so that Jamie could do some birding on Lake Erie. It was another quick trip, but I think that they had fun. Well certainly Mom did.

Tomorrow we are off to Dallas, and hopefully a visit with Sherry K (Pillsbury Bake Off contestant!) and Vickie.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yes, I had fun (don't know for sure about Jamie since he was in the car w/me & my yack, yacking for 16 hours in 2 days & it was rainy & cold & windy for the Lake Erie birding & our 1/2 of the Chex Mix ran out early this a.m.), but Nate (pit director) recognized me & asked where my boyinthepit shirt was & eating out & doing a show w/Ryan in it is always rad!!! (They say that in the show!)

Ryan Claus said...

Wicked!