Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Break Is Over




So I have to admit that being on tour so far has been like being on an extended vacation. The fact that I actually have free time is still amazing to me. I had almost forgotten what it felt like. So you can imagine what being in Florida during the first week of April was like. It was the stereotypical college spring break trip to Florida. The best part is that I did not need a fake ID to drink!

I did not end up seeing much of Fort Myers itself. Our hotel was less than a mile from the mall which made me happy. The Barbara B Mann Theatre is one of my least favorite theatres. There was no air in the theatre, and the pit was stiflingly hot. It is not my fault that everyone there has tanned themselves to a leathery hide. I need air conditioning! There was also the front of house entrance for the pit which I have brought up before.

The tour did reach a milestone while in Fort Myers. Sunday night was performance #200. So to celebrate, the company manager had a cookout, and the psm rented a dunking booth. Now I was skeptical about the idea of a group of actors and a dunking booth, but it turned out to be great fun. I did not partake in either the dunking or the throwing of the ball. Both would have been humiliating experiences for me, but it was great fun to watch.

Now we are on to Pittsburgh. I am actually very excited about Pittsburgh. If nothing else I love the Andy Warhol museum. Also chances are I am not going to get a sunburn in Pittsburgh!

No comments: