Wednesday, April 23, 2008

FINALLY! I got the internet to work!




Okay I have been missing in action on my blog, but it is not my fault. The internet in this hotel is really poopy! Thankfully the stars are properly aligned, I have made the appropriate sacrifices to the internet gods, and so now I am going to take advantage of my internet window.

I will start off with the show. We are playing at The Music Hall in Fair Park. Fair Park is the site of an old World's Fair. The Music Hall looks like a concrete bomb shelter. At least we do not have to climb over the audience to get to the stage in this theater. Sadly there is another theatre, The Majestic, just around the corner from our hotel. Apparently it is too small for our show. It must be a really small theatre!

Also there was an adjustment made in the show for Dallas. During the "Somebody Kill Me Please" number, the lyric: "It was a goddamn joke" has been changed to "It was a big fat joke". I have issues with this change, but especially because the next lyric is "I hope you fucking choke". Please! I thought that I had finally escaped Indiana. Oh well!

I did finally see a large gathering of cowboy hats and boots. The interesting thing is that it was at Roundup, the gay cowboy bar. Go figure! I am considering buying a pair of boots so that I can go back and get them polished at the bar.
I can now cross off the gigantic mall from my list of things to do. It was good. :) I also need to add the Dallas Zoo to my list so that I can cross it off. One of the crew guys wanted to go to the zoo on Monday so I took him up on the offer. I find zoos to be a combination of interesting and depressing. If the zoo is big enough and the animals do not look like they are in jail, then I am okay with it. The Dallas Zoo was a mixed bag. The penguins did not even tap dance. I was singing "Boogie Wonderland" to provoke them into dancing, but to no avail.

Today we got free passes to the Natural History Museum and IMAX theater. The museum is also a part of the Fair Park. I did not see much of the museum, but I did see two free IMAX movies. The Roving Mars movie was really good.

On the schedule for tomorrow is the JFK Museum and possibly the Aquarium. If I am lucky I might get to update my blog again before I leave Dallas to let you know how they were!

No comments: