Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday in Dallas

I started off today at the Nasher Sculpture Collection. I had heard very good things about this museum and it did not disappoint. The collection was very much to my liking. There were several pieces by Alberto Giacometti which I always enjoy viewing. I also loved the building itself which was designed by Renzo Piano. The outside walls are glass so that you can see through and look at the pieces even when the museum is not open. Piano designed the Modern Wing expansion of the Art Institute. I cannot wait to see it when it is finished. If I am ever in Dallas again, I will certainly make a return visit to the Nasher.

After finishing up at the Nasher, I went to the Dallas World Aquarium. It was truly the coolest Aquarium that I have ever visited. It was set up like a rain forest, and included more than just fish. There were birds, monkeys, and a very entertaining jaguar. It keep circling its enclosure looking like it wanted to make a meal of the small children pressed up against the glass! There was certainly not a shortage of children!


Sadly my day was tempered by some bad news about my nephew. Send some positive energy up Crown Point direction.

No comments: