Monday, January 4, 2010

Lick's

During my first trip to Toronto with my friend Eric, we were looking for a restaurant to have dinner and ended up at a burger place called Lick's. We loved it. It was a really fun atmosphere. They sang whilst grilling the burgers, and the cashier said the coolest Canadian thing to me ever. He said, "Cheese is extra, eh."!!!!! Oh and the food was good. So on my subsequent visits, I have searched for Lick's, but it seems like the location we visited was in a building that no longer exists. Alas!


So on this visit to Canada, I decided to go online and see if I could track Lick's down. Well imagine my excitement to find that not only was it a chain, but there is a location within walking distance from our hotel in Mississauga!



I went for dinner last night. They didn't sing nor did anyone say, "cheese is extra, eh." But the burger was good. I also ordered the poutine, but alas it was fake poutine. Real poutine is fries covered in cheese curds and gravy. At Lick's is was shredded cheese instead of cheese curds. Alas!

No comments: