Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Baton Rouge

After the whirlwind trip to New Orleans, I was afraid that Baton Rouge would be a big let down so I did not take the early bus on Tuesday. Well again, I ended up regretted my decision. There was not really a bunch of fun things to do in downtown Baton Rouge, but there were a few interesting buildings to photograph.


One extreme to the other.



I love the above building (which happens to be the art museum).


Right next to the River Center where we played is the old State Capital Building. When I saw this building on Tuesday, I decided that I needed to take a cab in early on Wednesday with my camera!









Above is the Louisiana State Capital Building (the current one that is!).




The River Center is a complex of different venues including our theatre...


cleverly named the Theatre for Performing Arts.

The cleverness sadly did not extent past the name of the theatre into the design of the auditorium.




Boring!
-
In terms of other activities from Baton Rouge, I really did not do much. I did buy the new Harry Potter DVD! Also Nate and I risked life and limb walking to a Macaroni Grill. Speaking of restaurants, I was not actually there, but after one of the shows a group went to an IHOP. Since there was a group, they asked for separate checks. The manager absolutely refused unless they sat at different tables. So they sat at 8 different tables, and tried to be as obnoxious as possible. I kind of regret not being there! We will be returning to Baton Rouge with Beauty and the Beast. Maybe I'll get the chance to go back to the IHOP with a group!

No comments: