Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Walking In Memphis Reprise

So one week after making my first visit to Memphis, I made my second visit. This time we stopped in Memphis for our lunch stop between Fayetteville and Nashville.




In the list of things that Memphis is famous for which I do not enjoy, I forgot Elvis.


This time I ate at the King's Palace Cafe. It was also on the list of places that Joel recommended. I have to say that I enjoyed the food better than at the other restaurant. My order of chicken pontabla was fantastic! It was a bit odd though because I was literally the only customer in the restaurant. Unfortunately I cannot speak to the quality of the air conditioning as it was the middle of January.


After lunch I had some time to explore a bit, and in doing so I found the Orpheum Theatre. This is where Wedding Singer played (before I joined the tour) and where The Drowsy Chaperone was opening the day after we were in Memphis. Curse the luck! Oh well maybe the Memphis Orpheum will be on the year two schedule for Wizard.

No comments: