Thursday, March 19, 2009

Trace Adkins...who?

For a couple of weeks before we got to Nashville, all we heard about was the fact that Trace Adkin's daughter was going to be a munchkin in the show. I responded to this news with a big "ho hum"! After I looked up who Trace Adkins was exactly, my opinion did not change. We kept hearing various rumors, like Trace was going to give a curtain speech at every show, but there was one thing we knew for sure. This was going to be a big deal to people in Nashville.

As it turns out, he was there at our opening night. He gave a curtain speech that night (a very awkward scripted speech), and since it was also his birthday we played and sang, "Happy Birthday" after the curtain call. Then he joined us at our opening night party. I did not bother to meet him. What would I have said, but several people met him and took pictures with him. My favorite being the one with Tommy. It pointed out just how tall Trace Adkins is (and how not tall Tommy is!).

photography by Jason Simon (aka Cowardly Lion)
"Okay, everyone look in a different direction!"

No comments: