Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kitchener In The Spring

I was happy to get a second chance to play in Kitchener. Considering the other time that I played there was right after Christmas, and it was cold enough that exploring was not really possible. What I discovered is that there is not really much to see, but at least I was able to get out and walk without risking frostbite!


I like to get a picture of a town's skyline, an interesting group of buildings, or just something that I feel represents that town. I was not so successful in Kitchener.



This cute little storybook building is on the way from the hotel to the theatre. This cute little storybook building is also a provincial courthouse. Canada is funny!


One of the most prominent differences between Canada and the US is their connection to England and the English monarchy. It seems like every Canadian town I have been in has a King and Queen Street. Statues of Queen Victoria are also quite numerous like this one from the appropriately named Victoria Park in Kitchener.




I thought this firefighter memorial was quite nice.





Exotic Canadian wildlife!


I got okay pictures at the Centre in the Square last time, but that did not stop me from taking a bunch more pictures!






I ventured into the lobby this time. I mean those light fixtures are just begging to be photographed!














No comments: