Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Surprise Lunch Stop

Needless to say that none of us were very much looking forward to our two day bus trip from Owensboro, KY to Waterbury, CT. Usually stopping at a fun mall can help to lift my spirits, but on this day we were told that we would be having a surprise for our lunch stop. This was especially welcome as our hotel from the night before in Washington, PA was the second worst tour hotel I have experienced yet (and that is saying something!). So as I was bouncing along on the bus, I did a quick GPS search, and came to the conclusion that Hershey, PA was going to be our lunch stop.


And I was right. We were dropped of at the Hershey's Chocolate World and given an hour to go crazy. Sadly the theme park wasn't open, although having just an hour would not really have justified the price of admission, but I have done crazier things!



Thankfully there are some fun things to do at Chocolate World like the world's largest Hershey Candy Store and of course the Chocolate Tour ride...



with the singing cows: "Can't be beat. Tasty treat!"


As it happened, the tour of A Chorus Line was playing in Hershey that week so I made Joey Chancey come over to say hi.


It was a fun lunch stop, although not even close to the Downtown Disney lunch stop!


Oh and of course, I had to buy something!

No comments: