Monday, May 24, 2010

Owensboro In The Daylight

Owensboro was far from being my favorite city on Wizard of Oz. In a way that is unfair as we only played one performance and our hotel was actually in Evansville. So I really did not get to experience the city much. On Beauty and the Beast, we did actually have a hotel in Owensboro, and I took advantage of that to go exploring with my new camera.





I had read somewhere about the world's largest sassafras tree so imagine my excitement when I just happened upon it as I walked to the theatre!





There was a surprising amount of public art in Owensboro including this buffalo.




This little theatre looked interesting although it is not where Beauty and the Beast played!


On the Ohio River
-





These reindeer were actually out on display the last time I was at the River Center.






Although it is not on my list of places that I would like to return to visit, Owensboro is not so bad especially when you are actually staying there!

No comments: