Thursday, May 13, 2010

Paducah, KY

Under normal circumstances, a city like Paducah would not stick out in my mind as exceptional. What made Paducah exceptional is that I finally upgraded my camera to a Nikon DSLR. I was thinking ahead in the schedule, and there were some venues coming up that I really wanted to take better pictures at. Hopefully you notice the difference.



-
Paducah is located where the Tennessee River and Ohio River meet. Like so many river towns they have painted murals on the levee walls.
-







Paducah has a cute downtown area with some great old buildings.


And the remains of some great old buildings.

-
Abandoned old theatres make me sad.
-

This would have been a great quasi-old picture if it weren't for the stupid SUV!


And here is the reason that the Columbia Theatre is unused.


The Four Rivers Center is actually a beautiful new facility, and it was the perfect place to test out my new camera.








This shot alone was worth the cost of the new camera for me. I would never have been able to get the color and clarity with my old camera!

No comments: