Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Providence to Where? Oh Peoria.

From Providence we flew to Chicago and bused to Peoria. Well the company did. I made a detour to Cedar Lake so that I could refresh my bags and spend a couple of days at home.


-
The Olympics inspired me to squeeze my fat bum into my ski tights and get out to skate ski. Well it was a glorious 20 minutes of sweating like a pig and falling in the show!


After my short break from tour, I hopped in my car and made the drive down to Peoria with Eric our cellist.



Originally the entire family was going to be coming to Peoria to see Beauty. But based on the news that the touring musicians would be playing every city (including Chicago) that we received in Providence, everyone but Mom and Dad decided to wait until Chicago. Oh if only I knew then what I know now!


As it happened our time in Peoria was almost as grueling as our time in Providence. We spent several hours on Thursday recording video clips and audio for the website. We then had four shows and a children's matinee for the rest of the weekend.


Mom and Dad braved a snow storm and drove down for the last show on Sunday. I felt bad because the rest of the family bailed on them, but they were stuck having to come to Peoria if for no other reason than to drive my car home. Well they had the last laugh given what happened in Chicago, but I'm getting ahead of myself.


I feel like this sign sums up Peoria. They have to passive aggressively tell the residents to not trash the city!

No comments: