Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sioux Redux

Out of all of the cities that I played on Wizard of Oz year 2 which I turned around and repeated on Beauty and the Beast, Sioux City is probably at the top of the list of cities I was glad to revisit. We played a one nighter on Wizard during the winter so I did not get to explore the downtown area around the theatre at all. Plus I was not happy with my pictures of the Orpheum Theater either. Since we played two days in better weather, I got to address both issues.


I did not actually go to the Art Center, but it is a cool building.



Downtown Sioux City was pretty dead actually. Admittedly we were there on a weekend, but aside from the theatre the only signs of life were at the library. You know it's bad when even the Subway is closed!



The people of Sioux City look funny.




I am not sure why, but for some reason I love the decoration of the Sioux City Orpheum. It is not the most ornate theatre ever plus the pit and backstage areas are maddeningly small, but I still love it.


The lobby has great light fixtures!




So I love my new camera, and for the most part I got much better pictures this time.












The above picture would have been impossible to pull off with my old camera!









No comments: