Sunday, February 7, 2010

Update From Providence

We just finished our week of rehearsal here in Providence, and what a stressful week it has been. The show is going well, and I really think that it is going to be great. The orchestra is slowly getting there. We are working with Michael Kosarin who was the original musical director for Beauty and the Beast on Broadway. Working with Koz is great (yet stressful) because he is bringing a whole new level of expectation and musical expertise that I have not experienced before. And as particular and exact as his expectations have been he has also been complimentary about our playing. In other words just when I have the reed knife out to slit my wrists, he says that he is happy with how we sound. We had a full run through last night for the Disney Theatricals VIPs. Because of that run through we lost our day off today. Personally I played the best I have yet played here in Providence last night. I guess that they are more concerned about what is happening on stage. I had been planning to go to Boston today to see Dreamgirls. Alas, now my consolation is to go to a Super Bowl party, and all for what amounted to two hours of rehearsal! I was not happy. Oh well at least I still have a job.








No comments: