Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tyler, TX

I always feel like I am going to hate Texas when we play there, but I am usually pleasantly surprised. Dallas and San Antonio are great cities. Houston is okay and even Orange was not so bad. I wish I could say the same for Tyler, TX.


Our hotel was a dumpy Quality Inn. It was across the street from a grocery store called Super #1 Foods (which I dubbed Super #2 Foods). The hotel offered us a free breakfast, well free unless you want a Diet Coke. I asked the waitress for a Diet Coke, and she told me that I had to pay for one. So then I asked for a free orange juice, and then proceeded to leave in on the table untouched. I'm sorry, but you cannot tell me that a glass of orange juice is less expensive than a glass of Diet Coke. So I decided to teach them a lesson. That will show them!



The theatre was on a college campus, but I did not have time to explore.











That's it for Tyler. After two days there, my hopes were not high for Abilene.

No comments: