Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Abillene, TX

Leaving Tyler I thought, "well it cannot get much worse than Tyler." Thankfully it did not. I was finally able to break out the shorts that had been travelling in my suitcase for weeks. We had a night off before actually performing in Abilene. A group of us ended up going out for Jesse's birthday, and after that I went with Pat to go see the Avatar movie. Scintillating isn't it?!





Guess who?




When I walked into this theatre, I was a bit shocked. There is a legendary musical that musical that played on Broadway based on the Stephen King book Carrie. It is the most infamous flop in Broadway history (and if time travel is ever invented I am going back to see Carrie. Seriously!) In one of the stories that I read about the show apparently they painted the walls of the Virginia Theatre black. I remember thinking, "Who would do that?" Apparently the people of Amarillo.
-



That is how black the walls are.

No comments: