Monday, December 14, 2009

Utica, NY? Check

On year 1 of The Wizard of Oz, I feel like we played just about all of the fun cities in Florida. This year we seem to be concentrating on the medium sized, economically depressed cities in New York. We started last year with Schnectedy and Syracuse, and now we are continuing this year with Utica. Just like Schnectedy, the theatre is located in the essentially deserted downtown area. Aside from a handful of restaurants, the post office, and a couple of banks there is nothing in downtown Utica. Thankfully we stayed about a mile away where we could at least get some food. As I was preparing this entry, I noticed that every single one of my pictures from Utica was of The Stanley Theatre where we performed. I took pictures of nothing else. That means something! It is a good thing that the theatre is so beautiful. (It is a bad thing though that my pictures don't do the theatre justice! Again I should be saving my pennies for a better camera. Some of these pictures are just heartbreaking!)



I don't think that they should be using the film logo!


You know, the least they could do is to turn up the lights so that my pictures turn out better!







The Stanley seems to be all about interesting light fixtures.







Looking back on Utica, I am trying to think of anything noteworthy that happened. Brett, our Reed 3 player from year 1, came to see the show. We had a fun night of beer pong and late night McDonalds. Oh and I walked to a Rite Aid to buy some batteries for my camera. Also if I remember correctly, I did a load of laundry. Oh well I guess every stop on the schedule can't be exciting!

No comments: