Monday, December 7, 2009

Good Morning Baltimore

After our visit to Bloomington, we hopped on the bus for what will hopefully be our longest bus trip of the year and drove to Baltimore. I have been to Baltimore once before to see a production of Two Gentleman of Verona that Eric musical directed. I did not really get to see much of the city then so all that I really know about Baltimore I learned from Hairspray and Ace of Cakes. (Part of me wanted to stalk Geoff from Ace of Cakes, but sadly I never saw him!) Baltimore is really a fun city, but it is not a city in which I would freely walk all around like New York or Chicago. Sadly we only played the weekend in Baltimore. I would have liked a full week.


The harbor area is one of the big attractions in Baltimore with the aquarium, the science museum, and many restaurants and shopping opportunities.



We did not have a ton of free time given our schedule, but I was able to do a few things including seeing A Christmas Carol in IMAX at the Science Museum.

Baltimore is perhaps not the most interesting city in terms of architecture, but I loved this building!


This was the ceiling in the lobby of our hotel. For some reason I found it fascinating.


A couple of people in the cast are from the Baltimore area including Robert who plays Oz. Since he got to live at home for the weekend he was able to bake a cake for the company! If you look, my name is on there somewhere. Baltimore is also really close to the NETworks home office so we got to visit with some of the office folk.

No comments: