Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Two Proud Alumni

By far the highlight of our Wizard Year 2 schedule for me was our two days in Bloomington. I loved my 4 years of college in Bloomington, and I have made many return visits since graduating. I am not the only IU Alumni on tour this year though. Chris, our lead trumpet player, got his Masters at IU in 2008, and he too was excited to be returning. Pretty much since we started in October, Chris and I have been talking nonstop about what we were going to do during our two days in Bloomington. In fact we probably drove everyone else nuts. To add to the excitement, I got a facebook message from a student writer for the Indiana Daily Student newspaper saying that she would like to interview both Chris and I for an article she was writing about our show. Now my excitement was mixed with some trepidation remembering some of the colossal screw ups in the IDS during my time there. (My favorite being a picture of Damian, my first flute teacher at IU, with the caption: Zamphir!) Well my worries were not unfounded. When we got to Bloomington and read the article, I found that I came out unscathed, but Chris ended up being our lead trombone player!

So how did it turn out? I had a blast. On Tuesday I took Jesse to Kirkwood in the hopes of going to The Snow Lion. Alas that they were closed, so we went for Thai instead. Then after the show a bunch of us went back to Kirkwood for drinks at The Irish Lion (with some blarney puffballs of course!). I started off day two by having lunch with Kate at a Korean restaurant. Then she took me for a drive around Bloomington, to the Tibetan Center, and then out to Lake Monroe. Afterwards she dropped me off at the College Mall where I did a little shopping and then relived my junior year walking commute into campus. I stopped at TIS for a fun IU hoodie then met up with Chris for dinner at The Trojan Horse. (Yes I saved one of my cups!) I played the second show had drinks with Kate, and capped off my visit with a Big Ten Special from Pizza Express. It was the perfect way to end two great days!

No comments: