Friday, September 10, 2010

Take That Chicago

Chicago may be able to keep my family from seeing Beauty and the Beast in the most convenient city to where they live (not to mention the city that I grew up visiting and love, but I digress), but they can't keep my family from seeing the show. Admittedly they had to drive a little out of their way (Grand Rapids is three hours away), but that did not stop them.


First my brother and his wife brought my nieces to the show on Friday. I was a more than a little worried that they may not last through the entire show, but they apparently did well. At the very least, I did not hear unhappy children noises from the pit!


I have such a way with children!


Then on Sunday the rest of my family came en masse plus Shirley, her daughter and granddaughter. And just to make things more complicated, my good friend and musical director of many shows, Trish, came to see the same performance. I was so grateful that they all could come as I am more proud of this show that just about any other that I have been a part of before.

No comments: