Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day Trip To Toronto, Eh?

Given how close Hamilton and Burlington are to Toronto, I just had to take a quick day trip. So Jeremy, Brett, Gregg and I got our cameras ready and headed to Toronto!








Of all the times that I have been to Toronto, I have never gone up in the CN Tower. Well I felt like this would be a fun activity for the camera club so we did.




One of the first things that I looked for was the City Centre Airport. This is the random little airport that I flew into on year 2 of Wizard of Oz. Only one airline flies there, Porter, and you have to take a ferry to get from the airport to the city.




There are actually two levels on observation deck in the CN Tower. One has glass panels and the other has chain link. So either was it is not ideal for picture taking, but here are some of my better shots.




The Sears is a part of a multi block shopping mall on Yonge Street and the Panasonic sign is in the area that is sort of equivalent to Times Square.


I of course tried to pick out all of the theatres. I could only find the Royal Alexandra Theatre. The others were blocked by taller buildings.


The coolest part of the CN Tower is the glass floor area. There were a lot of terrified people, but I really had no problem with it. I believe that Gregg took the above picture and Jeremy the below one. The view is not necessarily amazing, but it is cool to be standing and see the ground that far beneath you!




Oh I get it!






Yonge Street is basically the equivalent of Michigan Ave in Chicago.


The tour of Cats was playing at the Canon this time. I actually knew a couple of people on that tour, and they had a performance in the afternoon that I could have seen. In the end I needed to go back to the hotel before our show that night so it would not have worked out for me. Plus I've seen Cats before!


And here is where my battery died!

No comments: