Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lions, Tigers, and Beers. Oh My!


As much because there is nothing else open late at night in downtown Houston, we started off our two weeks by going to Flying Saucer. (I've described it before so I will refrain from doing so again) Several of the company members have Beer Knurd membership cards so they are now on their quests to get their own personal plates. The visits to Flying Saucer were pretty regular during the first week. After noticing how often people were going, someone decided that it would only be fair to award The Wizard of Oz company collectively a plate. (Legally Blonde has one at The Hobby Center) Not that we reached 200 different beers, but for a group of actors, musicians, and technicians to drink as many beers as they did in two weeks the plate was justified. I did my small part although I was still hurting from the two weeks in New York!


So Jason schmoozed the management, and we not only were awarded a plate they gave us a little party. Sadly the plate was not ready until the Monday when we left so we could not be there for the unveiling, but Jason was able to hurry down there and snap a picture before getting on the bus!

No comments: