Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Costa Mesa

After an unpleasant couple of weeks, we at landed in Costa Mesa for a week long engagement. Having never been to Costa Mesa before I did not really know what to expect. Having spent a week there, I'm not really sure that I have actually seen Costa Mesa. We stayed in a hotel that was right across the street from the Performing Arts Center which was right in the middle of a big shopping district. I do not feel like I saw the "city" of Costa Mesa at all. Just the mall.


Don't get me wrong. It was a great week (and a great mall), but it is just a little bit strange to be surrounded by nothing but shopping.



Christmas at the mall.





Since there was no real city to take pictures of, I took pictures of the decoration at the mall.




The Performing Arts Center where we performed (the one on the left) is a part of a complex of performance spaces.



This very cool building is the concert hall where the Pacific Symphony plays. I was really disappointed when I discovered that this was not where we would be performing!


That did not stop me from taking a million pictures of it though!



The third performance space in the complex is the South Coast Repertory Theatre.


The fourth (temporary) performance venue was the Peter Pan tent. Having missed my chance to see Peter Pan in San Francisco, we did not have an opportunity to see the show in Costa Mesa. Oh well.



No comments: