Sunday, October 11, 2009

Milwaukee

After a restful couple of days off in Madison, we headed over to Milwaukee for our next engagement. I had been to Milwaukee only once before to see Hollis Resnick in a show. Given the relative closeness to Indiana and my love of cities, it might be somewhat surprising that I have only ever made the trip north once before. But on the other hand, Milwaukee has never seemed like a hotbed of fun and interesting things to do. Sadly since we were only in town for a weekend, I did not have a chance to find out for sure.




The theatre we played at was The Milwaukee Theatre which is apparently sort of the "other" venue for touring shows. It is a spacious theatre with fairly modern facilities even though it looks a bit like a train station.



Sadly the theatre was so big and our show small enough that they had to block off the sides of the orchestra level.


Not much of interest happened in Milwaukee during our three days there with the exception of our Tony Awards party. Thankfully we did not have a show on the night of the Tonys so we had a party at the hotel bar. And I have continued my streak of having the most winning guesses in the Tony Award ballot! (Well I tied with Joel the company manager)

No comments: