Thursday, October 29, 2009

Boston for the second time

I enjoy the surprises that tour can sometimes bring. After realizing that I would have 4 days off in Worcester, I of course starting researching what could be done with that time. Needless to say upon discovering that there is a commuter train from Worcester to Boston, I knew what I would be doing. I ended up taking the train over twice. There were no shows in town to see so I just continued my exploring of the city.

Day 1: I did a bit of shopping, quite a bit of walking, and walked through the theatre district. I stopped in the lobbies of the various theatres and covertly took some pictures.


Opera House
-

Majestic Theatre


Colonial Theatre


Wang Centre



Day 2: I spent more time exploring Cambridge and Harvard, went to Rayburn Music, and visited the Museum of Fine Arts.


Wagamama is one of my favorite restaurants from my trips to London. I hadn't realized that they expanded to the States, but I was very excited when I discovered the one by Harvard!


I really liked this building from the Harvard campus. I don't remember what it is though.


The Museum of Fine Arts was slightly disappointing in terms of the art collection. The building itself was pretty cool though.





The collection of musical instruments was pretty fun although the Metropolitian in New York has a larger collection.

1 comment:

Mike said...

The Harvard building is Memorial Hall.