Thursday, October 15, 2009

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

This is how I spent my summer vacation:



I got to visit Mom and Dad's cats, and in turn they got my luggage to lay on.



I spent time with the family including my two nieces.


I made the trip to Warsaw to see a couple of shows at Wagon Wheel.


I got to reestablish my annual tradition of going to Taste of Chicago and seeing the Broadway in Chicago Preview Concert for my birthday.


My favorite!





I also got to experience the new Art Institute of Chicago's Modern Wing.




I went to Cedar Point with a Wedding Singer friend.


I played Oliver! for Ross Summer Theatre, but more importantly for Trish.


I went to New York to attend the NFA Flute Convention. It was my first time actually attending and not working for the Woodwind. Above is a picture of James Galway being condescending to 2000 flute players. Below are the 2000 flute players attempting to break the World Record for most flute players playing a piece simultaneously.



While is New York I got to meet and puppysit for my friend's new puppy: Rory Calhoun.


I also saw a couple of shows. Yes I'm obsessed with Next to Normal!


Avenue Q one last time before it closed on Broadway.


Also my first time seeing Hair. Well now I've seen it!?


But mostly I used any excuse to spend time in Chicago!


I saw some shows in Chicago including Water Fools at Navy Pier with Heather. It was no Dogtroep!


I also went with Mom to the Harry Potter Exhibition one last time.


One has to be careful of flying Ford Anglias.



I was a criminal and took a picture inside the exhibit!


I also took the Broadway in Chicago theatre tour. I actually got to take pictures inside my favorite theatre: The Oriental Theatre!


I also went to the Lyric Opera's concert in Millennium Park at the Pritzker Bandshell. This was a Friday night about a month before I was going to return to tour. Little did I know then that my world would turn upside down within 48 hours.

No comments: