Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sea World and Six Flags, at last


So for many years now I have wanted to go to Sea World. I never seem to make it. Unfortunately I have a habit of going to Walt Disney World instead of Orlando. Although now that Jim and Jeremy live in Orlando, I have actually seen some of the non-Disney part of town. A couple of years ago I traveled to San Diego for the Flute Convention. I did not make it to Sea World there either. (Although I did make it to Disneyland!?) So now that I am in San Antonio, I was not going to let this chance pass by. A group of Wedding Singer folk went to Sea World on Thursday, and had a great time. The park was not crowded so we were able to see all of the shows and ride the rides. Sadly it did nothing to sate my need for Sea World only enhance it. Well maybe the next time I am in Disney World, oh I mean Orlando...


So along the lines of my inability to actually make it to a Sea World, the same holds true for other amusement parks. Nappanee is close enough to Cedar Point in Ohio and Six Flags Great America north of Chicago, that a day trip is not totally unreasonable, but again I have not been able to make it happen. So imagine how happy I was when I found out that a trip to Six Flags Fiesta Texas was also being planned. The park had several fun roller coasters, and was thankfully not crowded either. Cedar Point is hands down a better park for roller coasters, but I am happy to take advantage of what is available to me.

3 comments:

Laura said...

So... anymore secrets? Like maybe the "Wedding Singer" will be performing in Crawford, TX, tonight? Like a "command" (I can't bring myself to say "royal"!) performance?! And about no basement @ the Alamo -- have it moved to that giant sinkhole in Daisetta, TX (what kind of name is that???)& not only will it have a basement, but one full of oil, the best kind!!!

Ryan Claus said...

Well we were not asked to perform, but on the way back from the theatre last night a car window rolled down and a woman asked where Crawford was. My comment was, "Oh sorry you missed the wedding". Also I guess if Georgia can have a Marietta then it is only fair that Texas can have a Daisetta.

Laura said...

Touche-etta!!!