Monday, May 12, 2008

Hasta Luego San Antonio





Here are a few last thoughts about San Antonio:

-The riverwalk is pretty cool. There are plenty of restaurants and shops on the riverwalk, but there are also plenty of tourists. Thankfully there are places that you can branch off of the main loop and find quiet spots like the one above.

-The Majestic Theatre was another really fun theatre. After playing in the concrete bunker in Dallas it was nice to move on to a beautiful old theatre. I did have one major issue with the pit in the Majestic though. After playing there for a couple of days, I noticed that the my area of the pit smelled like crap. Literally like crap. I reapplied the deodorant, checked my pants, and even smelled the bottom of my shoes. I thought that I might have stepped in a pile of penguin poop at Sea World. I finally deduced that it was not me. It took me a couple of days of leaving the show with a headache due to the smell to figure it out. As I was leaving to make my appearance on stage I looked at the floor closer to the stage wall, and there was a petrified, flattened mouse carcass. Needless to say that I asked to have it removed.

-I went with Dan (guitar 2) to the Tower of Americas on Sunday. It is an observation tower and revolving restaurant. We both had very good meals. I had a blue cheese salad with pear and candied walnuts, and also some lobster bisque. It was fun to sit, eat, and spin instead of just sitting and eating.

-San Antonio had a very nice YMCA. One of the perks of touring is that we often get free access to a gym or YMCA in whatever city we are playing. It is amazing how much better the city seems when we have a nice gym to use.

-We have since moved on to Houston. (Well we have been here for a week now. I know I am a slacker!) I will post a more in depth analysis of Houston, but I can sum it up in two words: hot and boring!

1 comment:

Laura said...

So... what is the middle picture? The Majestic Theatre, the YMCA, the local Walgreens(altho it doesn't look like it's on a corner!) or what??