Monday, May 19, 2008

110 in the Shade!



Okay so it just gets better! I left the mere 90 degree weather in Houston only to arrive in Tempe today with 109 degree weather. And I do not buy the dry heat story. Hot is hot! I pity my coworkers this week!
Thankfully we are staying in a hotel that is right across the street from the Gammage Auditoruim (the lower picture above). The theatre is a part of Arizona State University. We are located really close to a fun college hangout area (think Kirkwood if you know Bloomington). That is if I do not die of heat stroke before getting there!

1 comment:

Laura said...

So... you do know that ASU is where your Uncle (the "CEO"!) started his college "career", but I'm betting he probably never set foot in Gammage Auditorium (unless they hold indoor baseball there!) But I think I have a picture with him standing in front of one of those cactus -- they were probably only a foot shorter in 1969-70!!!! And he thought he was escaping the midwest ragweed only to find out he's allergic to one of the kinds of cactus. Your fellow musicians are OK except when you play the flute!!