Friday, October 10, 2008

We Made It

Tonight was our first preview of Wizard. In fact it was our first performance before an audience at all. Considering the size and scope of this production, it was a good first performance. There were a few boo boos from all across the board, but no major catastrophes. The audience seemed to love it, and they started standing before the lights came up on the bows. Since it was the first preview, I am not sure how much of the audience was connected with the show. I guess that we will find out on Sunday when we have our next performance.

I am excited for people to see this production. Aside from the fact that the orchestrations are flute heavy, the orchestra sounds great, and the production is pretty spectacular. We have just about every imaginable effect in this show from projections to pyro (and a few more that I will leave as surprises). The sets and costumes are really fun also.

There has been one downside to this week. I ended up catching a cold. Unfortunately I am that person who goes to Florida and gets sick. I am keeping my fingers crossed though that I do not make anyone else sick. What a great first impression on a new group of people. I'm that guy who gave everyone a cold!

No comments: