Sunday, August 31, 2008

Closing Night Party at Pistol Pete's

As much as I do not really want to face it, the tour is almost over. Today is our last full day in Atlantic City, and we only have 2 more shows. Thankfully I have The Wizard of Oz lined up. I cannot imagine being one the company members facing unemployment. (Perhaps that is why I stayed in Nappanee for so long!) I have had a couple of moments that have brought the reality of closing to me. Giving away my laundry detergent at the laundromat was one, and having to ship home 50 pounds of stuff was certainly another! But perhaps the biggest slap of reality was our closing party Friday night. The party was at Pistol Pete's bar and restaurant. Pistol Pete's is a bit of a legendary place, and it happens to be less than a block from our hotel. The theme for our party was dress as another company member. I did not really make the effort, but since Nate and I have essentially the same glasses I passed myself off as Nate. Here are some of the highlights of the evening:

Merritt is going out on NETwork's Sweeney Todd tour. Guess which part!

Three reed players

This is Jason (Andrea's husband) who is also a reed player.
He came dressed as Max.

Joey seems confused about something



This was pretty late in the evening.


Look at the fatties!

Ashley dressed as JJ and Merritt as Dan Webber were the most true to life.

1 more day in Atlantic City.

No comments: