Monday, August 29, 2011

Hiking The Foothills

I knew that I wanted to go hiking the minute that I saw the foothills of Santa Barbara so I did a little research to discover what was available. There are quite a few trails to hike, but really I only had one option available to me. Since I had the show at night and no car to get me to the beginning of many of the trails, I opted for the Jesusita Trail. As it turns out, that was plenty. Including the mile walk to the trailhead, I walked about 10 miles that day. It was so worth it though for the great scenery and views!




















It is nice to have the occasional sign letting you know that you are still on the trail!






Off in the distance you can see the Channel Islands. I became obsessed with getting out to them. Sadly it was impossible given the time of year and my time constraints, but one day...




I was able to pick out the Granada Theatre where Beauty was playing.




I mean, how could you not want to get on a boat and go check out those islands?!


No comments: