Sunday, August 28, 2011

Santa Barbara

After 3 weeks in Hawaii and 1 week each in San Antonio, Tempe, and San Diego we began playing split weeks again. It really was a shame because I would have loved having a full week in Santa Barbara. Isn't that always the way?!



The view from our hotel's parking lot. From the minute I saw the foothills, I knew I had to experience them for myself.


Since we had two days in Santa Barbara with only evening shows, I had to plan my time wisely. For the first day, I decided to walk from our hotel to downtown Santa Barbara. On the way during the several mile walk, I took in as many of the sights as possible including the Santa Barbara Mission.









Downtown Santa Barbara has some great old architecture as well as some great shopping. Well I did not have the money for the shopping, but I enjoyed the walk.


There were ads for The Color Purple coming to Santa Barbara. Interestingly the show was coming to a different theatre than Beauty and the Beast was playing. Who knew a town like Santa Barbara would have two venues capable of housing large national tours?



The walk through Santa Barbara led to the water and the pier.




The view from the pier was pretty spectacular!


I kept hearing this odd barking noise from the pier, and knew it could only mean one thing: sea lions! They were quite a distance off, and even zooming in this was as close as I could get with my camera.









No comments: