Saturday, August 27, 2011

Boy How Time Flies In San Diego

Well one week in San Diego is not enough. As I finish up my posts about San Diego, I kept looking for pictures of things that I did not have time to do or photograph. I will just have to add San Diego to the list of places that I hope to return to again.


A group of us rented an apartment for the week. Why there were glow sticks, I really don't remember now?!


The Gaslamp Quarter is the big restaurant and bar area of Downtown San Diego. We made it there a couple of times, but I only seem to have gotten pictures of the signage.


Aside from the Cultural Center and the Old Globe Theatre, San Diego is home to several other theatres. Here are the ones that I discovered walking around:



I am not sure of the exact details behind The San Diego Symphony, but I do know that they went bankrupt and were defunct for a time. I know this because Damian Bursill-Hall, my first flute teacher at IU, played for the San Diego Symphony until they went bankrupt. I did not realize that they were performing again until I walked past Copley Hall. I was happy to see that! Oh and Damian is playing in The Pittsburgh Symphony now.








No comments: