Monday, December 8, 2008

Philadelphia Redux

During my 9 week imprisonment in Atlantic City, I took a trip to Philadelphia with Dan and Tami. You might remember in my post from two months ago, I mentioned that I was planning to do the tourist things when I was in town for The Wizard of Oz. I made good on my promise. The first day we were in town, a group of us headed to the historical district. We could not get tickets to tour Independence Hall (my reaction is documented below), but we did go to the see the Liberty Bell. Afterwards we walked down to the Museum of Art to scope out the scene of the Thanksgiving Parade performance. While there, the guys felt the need to recreate the scene from Rocky where he runs up the steps of the museum. I have never seen Rocky so this was completely lost on me. I did however go to the museum later in the weekend, but more on that in another post.




So I was trying to get a good picture of the Liberty Bell which is impossible due to the number of people packed around it. As I was about to take a picture I noticed two goofy looking characters in the background so I took their picture!

The Backside of the Bell (well there were fewer people back there).





Yeah I really have no interest in Rocky.

No comments: