Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Water Club


(Between the 16 hour work week and the random nights in luxury hotels, I just don't know how I am surviving!)


Over the years the one thing that I have learned to expect from spending time with Glenn is the unexpected. So after the show, we all headed over to the Borgata. It was then that I discovered what he was planning. Originally 2 produce guys were supposed to drive in from Pennsylvania to see the show and spend the night at the Borgata. Well it turns out that they were not able to make it until the next day, so Glenn decided to let me use the room for the night. Now since nothing can ever be easy in my life, there was a problem with the reservation at the Borgata. Apparently they had given out all of the rooms with two beds so they sent us over to The Water Club. The Water Club is the newest hotel tower at the Borgata, and it is also the poshest hotel in Atlantic City. As it turns out, I not only got to spend Friday night in a luxurious hotel, I also got to spend Saturday night. The guys could not spend the night on Saturday so I lucked out once again!

The hotel is beautiful and absolutely dripping with money. Any hotel that gives you L'Occitane products for the complimentary toiletries is bound to be pretty nice! (Although the W hotels are still my favorite. They give you Bliss products!) Unfortunately my experience was a bit marred. The security guard refused to let me and my 3 dinner guests up to see the room after we had eaten. Apparently they have some bullshit policy about only 2 people being allowed up to the rooms per key card. I use the word bullshit for multiple implications but mostly because I had been up with 2 other people before dinner. Whatever, at least I got to bitch out the night manager, and tell her how ridiculous it is that 4 guys could not go up to admire the decoration of their precious hotel! Well she did give me a late check out of 12pm (instead of 11am). One hour. Fat lot of good that did me!

No comments: