Tuesday, January 22, 2013

One Last Stroll Through The Theatre District

Before leaving Los Angeles, I took one last stroll through the old theatre district to get some better photographs.
































This greenish building does not have a theatre, but supposedly Johnny Depp has a residence there.





The disappointing part of the theatre district tours that I took was the fact that we did not go into most of the theatres.  The United Artists Theatre was the one I most wanted to go into.  The historical photographs that I found showed that the auditorium of the theatre is so ornate and cool, but alas.  Actually the tour guide told us that the theatre was for sale.  If only I had had $10 million!






















If the theatre below looks familiar, well it is because the Disney Imagineers copied it for one of the shop facades in Disney's Hollywood Studios!



























No comments: