Friday, July 8, 2011

Tempe

Tempe ranks as one of my favorite college towns to visit. Arizona State University's campus is interesting. The town has all of the necessary fun restaurants, bars, and shops that make a college town. Best of all, there are interesting places to visit outside of the campus.





Hayden Butte looking over Tempe.








This is the music school at ASU.












We always look forward to different food options based on the part of the country in which we are located. Since we were so far west, that meant In-N-Out. But even better than that, there was a Smashburger, my new favorite fast food burger place!







I repeated many activities from my previous visit to Tempe with The Wedding Singer. One of those activities was to climb the trail up Hayden Butte.










Oh college!












Looking down at Tempe from the top of Hayden Butte.










The Gammage Auditorium from atop the Butte.


-


There were a couple of other notable things about Tempe. First I had intended to take the light rail train over to Phoenix. In fact I originally included a picture of downtown Phoenix in this post, but it mistakenly got erased and Blogger is so not user friendly that there is no way I could reinsert the picture. Oh well! Next I went with Nate and Dave to go see the the musical Sugar at the Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre. Nate had a friend in the cast, and it was fun to see such a little done show. Finally Tempe is where the now infamous "Sign-in Sheet" movie was shot. Sadly my proposed scene did not work out, but the movie is a classic nonetheless!



No comments: