Friday, July 8, 2011

San Diego Zoo

The one San Diego attraction that I was determined not to miss was the zoo. After visiting many smaller somewhat depressing zoos, I was ready to see the one that regularly tops the lists of best zoos in the US. Not only that, years of seeing Johnny Carson terrorized by animals from the San Diego Zoo subconsciously added to my desire to get to the zoo!



Thankfully the zoo lives up to its reputation.





This kangaroo was determined to get out!


Wallaby


I was very excited to get pictures of the koalas. Of course the only one doing anything was not in a good camera angle!










I will spare everyone the classic pooping warthog pictures that I got, but suffice it to say the camera was on rapid fire at the time!


The pandas really are the star attraction at the San Diego Zoo, and the lines to see them prove the point. With all the people waiting to see them, it is difficult to spend enough time to get good pictures. I suspect they started to do kung fu the minute we had our backs turned.




No comments: