Friday, July 8, 2011

Balboa Park

Several of San Diego's attractions are located within Balboa Park. The day that I chose to walk through the park I did not really have time to visit any of those attractions. I did however take pictures of them.




The trip was worthwhile just to see the amazing architecture!







I really wish that I had planned better so that I could have visited the art museum. I have been slacking on visiting art museums.



At least I could see the sculpture garden.


From what I could tell this building was some sort of children's museum. It is so impressive that I was a bit disappointed to find out what it is being used for.





The main visit to the park was to visit The Old Globe Theatre. The Old Globe is a renowned regional theatre in San Diego which has sent many productions to Broadway over the years.


As the name suggests, the outside of the theatre is modeled on what Shakespeare's Globe Theatre is believed to have looked like.




There is another major attraction in Balboa Park, and that would be the San Diego Zoo.

No comments: