Saturday, November 20, 2010

DPAC

Having played Raleigh twice before, it was a nice change to play Durham, NC with Beauty and the Beast. Raleigh is not the most interesting city that I have played, nor is the venue really all that great. Since Durham is so close to Raleigh, I am not sure how it is decided which shows play which city. After seeing the venue though, it seems like Durham probably gets the bigger tours over Raleigh. The Durham Performing Arts Center is a brand new (well two years old) beautiful new facility that is right in Downtown Durham close to the baseball stadium and a fun little dining and shopping area. While I tend to prefer older and more ornate theatres, sometimes the more modern ones can be interesting. I particularly liked the glass front of the DPAC. I was also excited to see that they are doing wall tags backstage!













No comments: