Monday, August 30, 2010

Augusta Again

Augusta, GA is a city that I have played once before, but did not mind coming back to again, especially since we did not have much time to explore on our first visit. Like most of the cities that I have repeated between The Wizard of Oz and Beauty and the Beast, we played one more performance in Augusta so that gave me an extra day. I used that time to walk along the river walk and see the nice houses on the other side of the river...






and the various points of interest along the way.


(Not to mention the riff raff hanging out on the river walk)


We also got to take better advantage of the fun assortment of restaurants downtown. I also got to take more pictures of the cool architectural detail in some of the buildings.
-









-
The one thing that I forgot to do was the boyhood home of Woodrow Wilson. Oh well, maybe I will be back a third time.
-







As I was taking pictures of the theatre, one of the locals came up to me. I thought, "oh great here we go again with someone questioning why I'm taking pictures", but no he just wanted to talk about the theatre.


I felt a little bit bad because he was proud of the theatre and its history, and I had been thinking how dumpy and uninteresting it was. I did learn though that the seating capacity is actually larger than what they use. The back wall in the picture above hides another section of seating. Given how poorly the show sold, they could have put up another false wall!

No comments: